You're a Charles Town, WV home owner. Congratulations! We're happy to have you. Charles Town, WV has a lot to offer. In addition to having a nice, safe, and comfortable place to live in a vibrant community, one of the main reasons you purchased a Charles Town, WV home was probably for investment purposes. Properly maintaining your home will help ensure that you protect the investment you made and do not have to deal with large costs later on due to problems that could've been prevented.
Here are eight quick yearly maintenance suggestions for your Charles Town, WV home:
1. Check the roof. If there are loose or missing shingles, repair them. Clear gutters and fix any places that are becoming unattached. Trim tree branches that touch the roof.
2. Clean out the dryer vent. Of course you should always clean the lint trap in your dryer, but even with that some lint gets out into the actual vent. This can be a fire hazard.
3. Speaking of fire hazards, make sure to test all smoke detectors and replace batteries as necessary. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher and that it is charged.
4. In the spring time, clean or replace air conditioning filters as necessary. Take a look at the air conditioning system to make sure everything is working properly.
5. Do the same in the winter time, except with the heating system. Replace or clean filters and make any minor adjustments necessary.
6. Clean out the chimney. If you have a fire place, have that cleaned. Make sure there are no leaves or animals stuck in or around your chimney or eaves.
7. Power spray your siding and any wooden decks or porches. This will help them look nicer and last years longer.
8. Check all faucets in your bathrooms, kitchen, utility room as well as any spigots outdoors and make sure they are not leaking. If there is a leak, get it fixed quickly before it grows into something worse.
Hopefully these tips help you maintain your Charles Town, WV home well. It'll pay off come selling time! If you have any questions or need help with Charles Town, WV real estate, do not hesitate to contact me!